Thursday, March 1, 2012

What it means to be a mom

It's been a rough couple of weeks.  All of us were sick at some point or another, and I was sick for most of the month of February.  And....the house has suffered because of it.  And.....the girls and the hubs have suffered because of it.  It's been brutal.

So, I've been a mom to this:

(Which, by the way, she still remains pretty dang cute, despite the nose on perma-drip.)

And this morning, I happened to look at the "portfolio" of work that Jocey brought home for the month of February (her teacher takes her writing work and puts it into a collection for them each month).  This is what I found:


There were several other excellent pages.  And there were a couple that she wrote about me.  It totally made my day.  I'm so proud of her, and proud to be her mom.  So, even though I have to wipe snotty noses, including mine, it's all worth it.  Every.single.bit.