Okay. Day 2. Embarkation day. Now, to preempt this, I hadn't heard about all the problems with Carnival Splendor, until I had gotten onto the elevator to head over to the ship. I hadn't heard about the fire on the ship, back in 2010. I hadn't heard about the robberies of the guests going ashore in Mexico. All I had heard about was that this ship was a party ship. I didn't worry about it too much, we're not partiers. With that being said, here's our embarkation and departure from Long Beach.
Heading over from the parking garage to check-in, we could see the ship, and I had a sudden surge of excitement.
It took us a while to get through check-in, but once we were it went quickly and we were soon aboard, enjoying a light meal on the Lido Deck (Splendido Buffet) while we waited to get into our room and before we left port.
Boats out in the harbor looked so tiny.
The dock for the Splendor was right next to the Queen Mary. I really wanted to see it up close, but we never had the chance.
We finally got under way, and I thought I'd snap a panorama shot of Long Beach.
A few shots on board:
Arnold, our steward, left us a little sea lion towel animal that night. Aw, so cute. :)
Then, my awesome husband treated me to a couples' massage in preparation for our 7 day relaxation tour. AAAAAAAHHHHHH-some. :)
