I don't care who you are, if you are a mom, you've felt this way at one point or another.
You know the movie "Tangled?" If you haven't seen it, it is seriously the best Disney Princess movie of all time. I just LOVE it. Rapunzel is NOT a whiny, "that's not fair!" princess. She is a TAKE CHARGE girl. And I love the Broadway-esque music in it. So fun.
Anyway, Mother Gothel tries to keep Rapunzel locked away and kept secret from everyone. Yup, psycho. Kidnapper? Yes. BUT, there is a line towards the end of the movie that I sympathize and relate to.
"The world is dark and cruel. If it finds even the smallest ray of light, it destroys it."
Okay, moms, anyone out there see some logic in this? Because I sure do. I hear of tragic events that harm children, or even take them from this earth much too soon. It makes me want to grab my girls, hold them close to me, and never let them out that front door.
I am a worrier. Oh yeah. Putting it out there. I'm that mom who, even though I walk my child to school every day, thinks of the worse case scenario happening to her while she is in class literally right across the street from my house.
I worry about Jon getting into an accident while he is out at work.
I worry about us as parents, when we are out on a date, that we will get into an accident and our children will be orphans.
Oh, the list goes on and on. I worry. If I had my way, and it weren't too creepy, my family would NEVER leave our home. But I know that isn't possible. I know it's not rational. So, I empathize with Mother Gothel, as selfish as her intentions were.
