Monday, January 9, 2012

Work can be a chore

With the start of the new year, we made some decisions as a family.  One of those being that the girls would start a new chore chart.  The other is that we would have a few chores for each person over the weekend.  So, today, I sat down and made the charts.  I'm pretty happy with the one for the weekend/family, a simple frame that I can use a dry erase marker on.  Hopefully this will help teach our girls responsibility around the house and help our house stay a little cleaner.

(For now, I hung everything on a wall by the back door.  I plan to hang everything inside the pantry door though, so it's out of sight when guests are here.)

(Jocey's chart.  Since she is learning to read, I included simple names of her chores and the times when she should be starting them.  She added her own personal touch with the princess stickers.)

(Caylee's chart.  Yup, my 2 year old gets chores.  :)  Simple ones though.  And only pictures so that she knows what she needs to do and when.)

(Our family weekend chart.  I took an old frame (which I plan on painting black), made an insert to go behind the glass, and will write weekly tasks with white board marker.  As you can see, I have a column for everyone with a section at the bottom for family chores that we do together.)